|Mr. Mask Goes to Washington|
|Season 2, Episode 16|
|Air date||24. September, 1996|
|Written by||Thomas Hart|
Power of Suggestion
Rain of Terror
Mr. Mask Goes to Washington is the thirty-first episode of The Mask: The Animated Series.
After saving the President from being crushed by a chunk of an old building, The Mask becomes a Presidential bodyguard yet the President's aide Greenfield doesn't trust him. Greenfield tries to prove to the President that The Mask is dangerous even when he does antics on Plantain Republic's dictator Sammy De Coco enough for him to declare war on the USA.
- Stanley Ipkiss
- Mayor Mitchell Tilton
- The President
- Sammy De Coco
- Mitch Kellaway
- Marie McDonald
- The title of this episode is a play on Frank Capra's Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
- Stanley never takes off the Mask in this episode.
- When The Mask dresses up as Abraham Lincoln, he showed disgust at the idea of going to the theater when thinking of what to do as acting president. Referencing Lincoln's assassination by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater in 1865.
- The Mask dresses up as Sylvester Stallone's character from Rambo when he arrived in the Plantain Republic island to get revenge on Sammy De Coco.
- The scene when The Mask was being chased by Sammy De Coco's biplanes parodies the famous biplane scene from the film, North By Northwest.